Smoked salmon, along with homemade creme fraiche and pickled onion, make Dutch Baby pancake Dutch Baby pancake a stunning breakfast idea that is savory and delicious.
Pickled Onion¼ cup (60ml) apple cider vinegar
2 tbsp caster sugar
2 tsp salt
? cup (80ml) water
One red onion, halved and sliced thinly
Dutch Baby Pancake? cup (100g) plain flour
1 tsp salt
? cup (160ml) milk
30g butter, diced
Creme Fraiche Topping½ cup (125ml) crème fraiche (or sour cream)
1 tsp lemon zest
Salt and pepper
To serve150g smoked salmon slices
Lemon wedges and extra dill fronds
Dutch Baby tips
- Mix sugar, vinegar, salt, and water. Mix until the sugar has dissolved. Add onion and toss in a coating. Let it sit until it is cooled for about 10 mins. Remove the water just before serving.
Dutch Baby Pancake
- Set 1 oven rack in the middle and take out all frames that are above or below. Set the oven temperature to 120degC/220degC (fan-forced) and put an oven-proof 25cm (top measurement) oven-safe frying pan in the oven to get warm.
- Mix flour and salt in large mixing bowls and create a well in the middle. Add milk and eggs. Mix until an even batter. Let sit for 10 minutes.
- When the oven is at its temperature, immediately remove the hot cooking pan from the oven with oven gloves. Incorporate butter and swirl the pan to coat the bottom and sides. Add batter, then return to the range. Bake for 15-18 minutes or until the pancake is puffy up and the sides are golden.
Creme Fraiche To?pping
- While the pancake is cooking, Mix it with lemon zest and creme fraiche and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Refrigerate
- Removing from the oven. Cover with dollops of crème fraiche smoked salmon, and pickled onions. Add Dill fronds. Cut into wedges and serve with lemon wedges and dill.