This amazing and delicious Chilaquiles verde breakfast recipe is an original take on the Mexican recipe of fried tortillas covered in red or green salsa. Make use of Cobs Cobs Sea Salt Corn Chips for a nutritious variation.
1/2 cup store-bought Green Tomato Pickle
1/2 cup Chipotle and Black Bean Salsa
1/2 packet Cobs Sea Salt Corn Chips
Juice of 1 lime or one tablespoon
1 x 400g can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
100g feta, crumbled
To serve, fresh avocado, diced tomato salsa
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees.
- Within a large bowl, mix chipotle and tomato salsa
- In an oven-proof 30cm frypan, whisk in the sauces together on medium-to-medium high temperature. After the sauce has boiled, turn off the heat, add the chips, and then sprinkle chickpeas and the feta.
- Bake for 10 minutes or until the cheese is soft.
- In a non-stick fry pan, cook two eggs to a point where they are cooked but not completely cooked.
- Remove the pan from the oven and place it on top of the eggs, avocado, and salsa fresh from the fridge.