The eggs are packed with nutrition, including 11 vitamins, minerals, Omega-3s, and antioxidants. The eggs are also one of the best sources of protein in terms of nutritional value!
Avocado and Feta SmashPeel and halve one large avocado
One tablespoon of lemon juice
60g crumbled feta cheese, goat or cow milk
Two tablespoons chopped parsley
One tablespoon chopped dill
100g cherry tomatoes, chopped
Poached eggsEight eggs
One tablespoon of white vinegar
Eight thick slices of sourdough bread
Avocado and Feta Smash
- Place avocado halves into a bowl and use a fork to create a rustic mash
- Add chopped parsley, tomato, dill, feta crumbles, and lemon juice. Mix well
- Bring water and vinegar into a shallow medium saucepan to a boil. Break the egg in a small bowl and set aside.
- Bring water to a gentle simmer. Slide the egg in carefully.
- Add the remaining eggs to water by breaking them into small dishes.
- 3-4 minutes is enough for soft yolks with runny whites. Cook longer for a firmer egg. Remove the egg with a slotted teaspoon and rest it on a piece of paper towel to absorb excess water.
- Spread avocado smash over toasted sourdough, and top with poached egg