These quick and simple recipes will help you use up that last Avocado. These recipes are great for snacks, light meals, and family dinners.
Avocado and Banana SmoothieAvocado, 1/4 cup
One ripe banana
One heaped tablespoon of honey
175g natural yoghurt
Approx ½ cup ice
Avocado Tuna Snack95 gram can tuna in oil, drained
One tablespoon whole egg mayonnaise
1/4 ripe avocado, peeled, seed removed and chopped, drizzled with lemon
Pita Toasts to serve
Avocado and Ham Salad SandwichFour slices thick-cut seeded sourdough bread
¼ Avocado, mashed (with seasoning & lemon juice)
Leg ham slices
4 Butternut lettuce leaves
½ tomato (sliced)
Easy Avocado ParmigianaOne chicken breast fillet
1/4 cup plain flour
One egg, lightly whisked
1/3 cup Panko breadcrumbs
One tablespoons of Dijon mustard
1/4 just-ripe avocado, skin and seed removed, sliced
1 slice Swiss cheese
Avocado and Banana Smoothie
- Blend all ingredients until smooth. Serve immediately
Avocado Tuna Snack
- Combine tuna with mayonnaise in a medium-sized bowl. To taste, season the tuna and mayonnaise. Stir until combined
- Avocados are best stirred through.
- Serve with pita bread.
Avocado and Ham Salad Sandwich
- Spread Avocado on each slice of bread
- Add remaining ingredients to the top and season with salt and pepper.
- Cut sandwiches in half or quarters.
Easy Avocado Parmigiana
- Preheat oven to 200*C/180*C with a fan. Line a baking sheet with baking paper and grease it.
- Place one chicken breast in between two sheets of baking paper. Roll out the chicken breast gently with a rolling pin to 0.5 cm thickness.
- Shake off excess flour. Dip both sides in the egg and then press them into breadcrumbs.
- Fry chicken in a non-stick pan with enough oil for shallow frying. Cook it for about 2 minutes per side or until golden.
- Transfer the chicken to the tray. Spread mustard evenly over the top of the chicken. Add the cheese and avocado slices to the top of your chicken.
- Bake for 8 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through
- Remove from the oven and serve a simple salad