Mix Sweetcorn and Avocado to make a delicious breakfast that children will adore. The leftovers are an excellent school lunchbox, too.
Avocado SmashTwo avocados ripe, de-seeded, peeled, and chopped
1 2 tbsp lime juice
1/4 cup coriander leaves
Sweetcorn FrittersThree fresh cobs of corn and corn kernels taken out (approx. 320g)
125g plain flour
1 tsp baking soda
One teaspoon of ground cumin
2 tsp salt flakes
1/2 red onion Finely chopped
4 tbsp coriander leaves, chopped
Two eggs plus one white egg
80g of Western Star Unsalted Butter and chopped
Sour cream, served (optional)
- Begin by asking your children to help you prepare the avocado smash.
- Combine the avocados, lime juice, and coriander into a medium bowl. Sprinkle with some salt, then make use of the fork’s back to gently mix the ingredients.
- Pour the egg white into another medium bowl and beat until soft peaks begin to form. Set aside. Put the rest of the fritter ingredients in the bowl of a large size. Mix until thoroughly combined and then fold gently into the egg white whisked.
- In a non-stick pan, cook 1/4 of the butter at an extremely high temperature. It should cook until the butter starts to foam.
- Pour heaped tablespoonfuls of batter into the pan. Cook for 3-4 minutes per side or until they are golden. Remove the cakes from the pan and place them on an oiled plate with a smooth tea towel so that they remain warm. Repeat the process in batches using the rest of the batter and butter.
- Serve the fritters warm, with large spoonfuls of the Smashed avocado and sour cream.