Delicious and moist, this Pumpkin Loaf, with its pieces of pumpkin and a mix of aromatic spices, is a recipe that will keep you coming back for more! It is baked to perfection and then adorned with pecans in whole form and maple syrup drizzle. This fluffy and delicious sweet loaf is a classic with a touch of appeal.
700g pumpkin, peeled, cut into pieces
150g Western Star Chef’s Choice butter, softened and chopped
¾ cup brown sugar
½ cup caster sugar
2 cups self-raising flour
½ teaspoon bi-carbonate of soda
One teaspoon of ground nutmeg
½ teaspoon ground ginger
150g whole pecans
Maple syrup to drizzle
Western Star Spreadable, to serve
- Steam, boil, or microwave the pumpkin until it is soft. Drain. Mash until smooth. Let it cool. You’ll require 1 cup.
- Preheat oven to 160C forced. Grease and line the bottom as well as the sides of 23cm, 14cm, and 9cm loaf pan baking paper. Allow paper to hang over the sides.
- Add sugar and butter to the bowl of a small electric mixer and beat until smooth and pale. Add eggs one at a time and beat until the mixture is just incorporated. Mix in pumpkin and mix until well combined. Transfer to a large bowl.
- Mix the sugar, flour, as well as ginger, nutmeg, and nutmeg over the top and mix until well combined and smooth. Pour into the pan that you have prepared. Spread the mixture evenly over. Place pecans, touching, in rows over the top until completely covered.
- Bake for one hour and five minutes and until the skewer emerges clean when inserted into the middle. Allow to cool on the cooling rack on wire for 30 minutes prior to taking it off of the pan. Sprinkle the syrup with maple.
- Keep chilled using Western Star Spreadable.