These simple techniques will help you poach the perfect egg every time. Test for firmness/softness by gently pressing your finger on the yolk of an egg after lifting it on a spoon. You can watch the video below.
Perfectly Poached eggs3 cups water
Perfectly Poached eggs
- Add water up to 5-6cm in a large pan. Bring to a boil.
- Break one egg into a bowl.
- Reduce heat to a point where the water barely bubbles, and then gently stir with a large wooden spoon in a circular movement. This will create a whirlpool that will pull the egg towards the center of the pan.
- Slide the egg carefully into the water.
- For poached yolks that are firm and runny, allow 3 1/2 to 4 minutes.