Serve poached eggs with avocado, hollandaise, and ham. This breakfast recipe is a great Sunday morning breakfast.
Avocado ‘Hollandaise’Half and deseed one avocado that is just ripe
Two tbsp lemon juice
One tbsp grape seed or light olive oil
1/4 cup hot water
Cayenne pepper, to taste
Salt & pepper to season
Poaching eggs, spinach, and ham100g baby spinach leaves
Eight free-range eggs (chilled)
Eight slices of smoked leg ham
Eight pieces of sourdough bread
One tbsp chives, finely chopped
- Add lemon juice to avocado flesh in a food processor and blend until smooth.
- Add oil and hot liquid gradually and season with cayenne, salt and pepper.
- Transfer the mixture to a small, heat-proof bowl.
Poaching eggs, spinach, and ham
- Add spinach to a non-stick pan and heat over medium heat. Toss the spinach until it is just wilted. Keep warm and set aside.
- Bring about 5cm water to a boil in a medium-high heat frying pan. Reduce heat to simmer the water.
- Break one egg into a small cup, and then slide it into the water that is simmering. Repeat this process with three eggs.
- Poach eggs for 3-4 minutes or until the yolks are almost fully set.
- Lift eggs out of water using a slotted teaspoon and place them on a paper towel. Keep warm
- Repeat using the remaining four eggs
- Toast bread
- Heat avocado “Hollandaise” in the microwave for 30 seconds on medium heat or until it is warm
- Top toast with wilted ham, eggs, and avocado “Hollandaise.” Sprinkle chives on top and serve