This amazing savory mushroom tart is perfect for feeding a large group. Ideal for breakfast, brunch, or holiday events such as footy finals!
One loaf ciabatta bread (40cm long)
150g streaky bacon, chopped roughly
400g button mushrooms, sliced
One tbsp Worcestershire sauce
30g parmesan, grated finely
Fresh thyme leaves to serve
- Preheat oven to 200degC. Divide the bread into two halves and set aside the top for another purpose. Scoop out the soft white bread in the middle of the loaf.
- Place the bread base cut side up on a large flat baking tray
- In a nonstick pan, cook bacon over medium heat for 4 minutes until golden. Transfer the bacon to a serving plate.
- Add butter and the mushrooms, and cook for 5 minutes, stirring every so often, until golden. Add Worcestershire sauce and combine. Set aside for 5 minutes to cool.
- Drain excess liquid from the mushrooms. Place mushrooms and bacon on the base of the bread. Crack eggs over mushrooms. Bake for 15 minutes or until the eggs are cooked as you like.
- Sprinkle with thyme and parmesan, then cut the pieces into.