This delicious, leisurely breakfast or brunch idea features soft-boiled eggs, soft-boiled mushrooms, and avocados. It’s the perfect way to start your day.
Extra virgin olive oil, two tablespoons
Four slices of sourdough bread
Four large Flat Mushrooms, stalks removed
Four free-range eggs at room temperature
One ripe avocado, mashed
Two green onions, finely chopped
One tbsp lemon juice
2 tsp finely grated lemon rind
Micro-cress, to garnish
- Preheat a grill or chargrill over high heat. Brush the oil on both sides of the bread and mushrooms.
- Grill the bread for 2 minutes per side, then grill the mushrooms for 3 minutes per side. Remove
- In the meantime, bring water to a boil in a medium-sized saucepan. Add eggs gently and stir until the water comes back to a spot.
- Soft-boiled eggs can be cooked for up to 4 1/2 minutes or until desired. Drain and rinse under cold water. Gently peel and crack the shells.
- Combine the avocado, onion, and lemon juice. Season. Mix well.
- Spread labneh over bread. Add mushrooms. Spread avocado over the top. Divide eggs and place on top. Sprinkle lemon rind, micro-cress, and micro-cress on top. Serve