These mini bacon and egg pies make great party food. Serve with a salad for a wholesome meal.
Four sheets of frozen filo pastry thawed
Two rashers of bacon, eye part only
4 tbsp extra light sour cream
Four sprigs of parsley chopped
Pepper to taste
Cooked spinach for serving
- Pre-heat oven to 180degC
- Spray oil into four compartments on a muffin tray, then cut the pastry into quarters or to the desired size. Gently press the pie into the muffin tin.
- Place the bacon on a baking sheet and bake in the oven until it is done, about 3 to 4 minutes.
- Place onto a towel to cool and drain. Place one-half of each rasher into the base pastry shell.
- Pour the sour cream, parsley, and pepper over the bacon.
- Pour the egg mixture over the sour cream mixture
- Place the dish in the oven for 15 to 20 minutes or until it is cooked.
- Remove pastry from tin, remove from oven, and serve with cooked spinach.