Help support the brands that help Foodbank. This recipe was made using Helga’s Traditional Wholemeal Bread wrapped in bacon.
50g butter, melted
Six slices of Helga’s Traditional Wholemeal bread, crusts removed and reserved
Six rashers streaky bacon, cut in half lengthways
40g baby spinach
1/3 cup shredded tasty cheese
Chives, snipped, to serve
- Bake at 190°C until the oven is heated. Paint a muffin tin using half the butter that has been melted for these egg cups. Line an oven tray to bake bacon dippers.
- Make sure to gently roll each slice of bread into a flat shape using the rolling pin. Press each bread slice into the muffin tin. Apply the remaining butter.
- Wrap a bacon strip over each crust you have reserved and put it on the baking tray. Bake both baking trays at a temperature of about 10 minutes.
- Remove them from the oven and flip the bacon over. Put a handful of spinach leaves in the bread cups, then distribute the cheese equally between the cups. Carefully crack eggs into each cup.
- Make sure to place the tray back into the oven for an additional 15 minutes or until the egg is done and the bacon pieces are crispy.
- Take them out of the oven and let the cups cool in the pan for 5 minutes before taking them out. Serve with chives sprinkled on top and salt.
- Dip bacon pieces into gooey eggs, and then take a bite!