Relaxing and entertaining, a light breakfast or lunch Breakfast egg bruschetta is a great snack to enjoy any time.
Tomato and Basil Salad200g mixed cherry tomatoes, halved
One tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil
Two tablespoons basil leaves, torn
½ teaspoon chili flakes, plus extra for garnish
Scrambled EggsSix eggs
Two tablespoons of milk or cream
Two tablespoons grated parmesan
Salt and pepper
Two tablespoons of olive oil
Eight thick slices of sourdough toasted
Shaved parmesan to serve (optional)
Tomato and Basil Salad
- Mix oil, tomatoes, chili flakes, basil, and basil. Add salt and pepper. Set aside
- Whisk eggs, milk, and parmesan, and then season with salt and black pepper.
- Warm butter and oil in a non-stick saucepan on a medium-low flame
- Add eggs. Utilizing a silicone spatula or wooden spoon to gently push the eggs set away from the edges of the pan towards the middle to create a huge, silky, curd
- For 1-2 minutes, or until the mixture is three-quarters complete. Is cooked. Remove the pan from the heat and allow the heat to continue cooking.
- Pour eggs on sourdough, then serve with tomato salad. Sprinkle with basil leaves, chili flakes, chili powder, and chopped parmesan.