This bread for breakfast is no-knead dough that is baked with eggs, bacon, and cheese for a flavor-packed breakfast or breakfast!
4 cups (600g) bread flour
2 tsp dry active yeast
1 tbsp sea salt
1 ¾ cups (430mls) warm water
½ cup (125ml) olive oil, plus extra for greasing
1 cup (100g) grated cheddar cheese
150g middle-cut bacon, cut into thin strips
½ small red onion, cut into thin wedges
3-4 fresh rosemary sprigs
- Add the flour, yeast, and 2 tsp salt into an enormous mixing bowl. Add warm water as well as two tablespoons of olive oil. With clean hands, mix the ingredients to create an oily and sticky dough. Add oil to the bowl and then grease the mixing bowl. Mix dough and turn it over to cover. Set aside and hide in a warm location until it grows in dimensions (approx. 1 hour)
- Pour the remaining olive oil into a 30cm by 40cm baking dish. Stir to coat evenly.
- Punch the dough to eliminate air before placing it in an oil baking dish. By using your fingertips, extend the dough to the edges. Cover the dough again and put it aside in a warm area to expand (approx. 30 minutes)
- Set oven racks in the middle of the oven. Preheat oven to 240degC/220degC (fan-forced)
- Utilizing the base of a small glass dipped in flour, press into the dough, creating eight evenly spaced indents. Make more indents by pressing the dough back using your fingers. Sprinkle with two teaspoons of sea salt and scatter bacon, cheese, onions, and rosemary in the cuts.
- Bake for 15 minutes. Remove from oven, and then press identical glass in the indentions to create a deeper impression. Crack an egg in each of the indents. Bake for another 7 to nine minutes or till the egg whites have set and the yolks are runny. Serve warm