This recipe is made using Breville Smart Waffles, making golden, crispy waffles and without mess!
2 1/2 cups milk
200g unsalted butter, melted and cooled
3 cups self-raising flour
2 cups grated cheddar cheese
1/3 cup vegemite
Serve with baked beans
- Combine eggs, buttermilk, and milk in a large bowl and whisk until all ingredients are well mixed.
- Mix flour and half of the cheese in the large mixing bowl. Create a well in the center.
- Make sure to fold the egg mixture until it forms a smooth batter
- Place heaped tablespoons of vegemite in the batter, and then gently stir to ensure that vegemite is swirling through the batter
- Select the CLASSIC waffle and select the #5 on the browning control dial
- Heat until the orange light goes to the top and”HEATING” disappears.
- Utilizing a dosing cup for waffles pou, add half a cup of batter to each square. Close the lid and cook for about 3/4 of the time. Unlock the top and then sprinkle cheese evenly on the waffles. Close the lid and cook until the timer is done and the ready beep has been heard three times.
- Repeat with the remaining batter and serve it with baked beans warm.