Baileys Irish Cream, a blend of Irish Whiskey and cream, is the most loved liqueur globally. Here are some more details and how to use it.
Baileys Irish Cream is sweet and creamy. It goes down easily! Although this liqueur is not popular among craft bartenders, it is the most widely used globally. You can mix it in coffee, make a Mudslide or drink it. This Irish liqueur will please. This crowd-pleasing liquor is here to tell you a bit more!
What is Baileys Irish Cream?
Baileys Irish Cream liqueur is made from Irish Whiskey, cream and cocoa. It’s produced in Ireland. It was created in 1973 and has been the most popular liqueur globally. Baileys is not related to the creators of this liqueur. It was named after a nearby restaurant, Baileys Bistro ( read further).
Other than the original Baileys Irish Cream, many other Baileys Irish Cream types exist. One example is Baileys Almande, a vegan Baileys made from almond milk. There are many flavor options: Salted Caramel and Strawberries and Cream; Espresso Creme; Apple Pie; and Red Velvet.
How does Baileys taste?
Baileys Irish Cream is sweet and creamy with notes of vanilla, chocolate and the refreshing fruitiness of Irish Whiskey at the end.
What is the alcohol content of Baileys? It has 17% ABV (alcohol per volume), which is relatively low. It is comparable to the 40% ABV of spirits such as Whiskey, vodka, vodka, and gin.
Is there a substitute? You can also find Irish cream made from craft ingredients. Five Farms is one brand that we liked: It tastes richer but has similar flavors.
It’s why we love it.
Although Baileys may be too simple or sweet for some cocktail connoisseurs and bartenders, it is a great after-dinner drink. You can try it in a Mudslide or Chocolate Martini. You can also use it in an Irish coffee variant in Baileys Coffee or as a spiked coffee creamer.
What is the cost of this?
Baileys is a mid-priced liquor compared to other liquors. The 750ml bottles cost $20-25.
How do you store Baileys? Please keep an open bottle in the refrigerator or pantry for 2 years from its date of manufacture. It should be kept between 32 and 77° Fahrenheit.
The most popular Baileys Irish Cream cocktails
You can either drink Irish Cream straight or mix it into a coffee. You can find it in many great cocktails, but most of them are after dinner.
The classic Mudslide doesn’t taste like a boozy milkshake. The classic Mudslide is made with Irish cream and Kahlua and then served in a cocktail glass.
Ingredients: Irish cream, vodka, Kahlua
B 52 Cocktail (or B52 Shot)
This combination of orange liqueur, sweet Irish Cream and coffee liqueur is near perfect. This 1970s Special can be enjoyed as a shot or as a slow-sipping after-dinner drink in a cocktail cup.
Ingredients: Irish cream, Kahlua, Grand Marnier
This twist on the Irish Coffee with Baileys should be tried! This whiskey-flavored cream liqueur can be added to your cup of hot coffee.
Ingredients Coffee, Irish Cream, Homemade Whipping Cream
The following drinks include Irish cream liqueur:
- Baileys Martini Combine it with vodka, Kahlua, and coffee for a sophisticated martini
- Baileys White Russian You can swap it for cream in the classic White Russian.
- Chocolate Martini Mix it with Kahlua, cocoa and milk to make a rich, chocolatey martini.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 0 minutes
- Yield: 1 drink 1x
- Two ounces* Coffee, lightly cooled (use decaf if you prefer).
- 1 ounces vodka
- 1/2 ounce Kahlua or another coffee liqueur such as Tia Maria’s or Sheridan’s
- 1/2 ounce Irish Cream (Bailey’s, or any other)
- Use equal amounts of finely ground coffee beans with granulated sugar to make the rim.
- You can make your coffee using any method you prefer ( pour-over or Aeropress).
- The rim of the cocktail glasses should be soaked in water. Place the coffee beans and sugar in a bowl.
- In a cocktail shaker, combine the vodka, Kahlua and Irish cream. Mix in 2 tablespoons of ice. Shake until chilled. Strain into the prepared cocktail glasses.
*For conversion to tablespoons: 2 ounces =4 tablespoons or 1/4 cup