Coconut Passion Fruit Panacotta is a simple and delicious vegan recipe. This is a delightful summer dessert you can make every day. Panna cotta’s creamy coconut vanilla flavor combines passion fruit’s fruity citrus flavors, creating a beautiful combination.
This coconut passion fruit pannacotta is vegan and refined sugar-free. It’s creamy in texture, deliciously flavorful, and very easy to make. A tropical dessert with rich coconut flavor, topped with sweet and sour passion fruits. This coconut passionfruit pannacotta is summer on a plate. This silky dessert recipe perfectly contrasts with the bright, refreshing coconut and passion fruit.
Panna cotta, an Italian dessert made of sweetened cream and gelatin, is molded. You can flavor the cream with vanilla, coffee, or other flavorings. Although panna cotta was not mentioned in Italian cookbooks before the 1960s, it is still a popular dessert from Piedmont, northern Italy. Undocumented, one story states that panna cotta was created by a Hungarian woman from the Langhe in the early 1900s. An 1879 dictionary refers to a dish called “latte inglese” (English milk), made from cream, gelatin, and molded. However, other sources claim that it is made with egg yolks. The name may have been ambiguous.
In 2001, the Region of Piedmont included pannacotta on its list of traditional food products. The recipe calls for cream, milk, sugar, vanilla, gelatin, and rum. It is then poured into a caramel mold. Another author believes that the traditional flavor is peach eau de-vie. The classic presentation does not include sauces or garnishes. Panna cotta is now a popular dessert worldwide. (Source Wiki).
I made this dessert for my vegetarian friends, as it doesn’t contain gelatin. This recipe contains very few ingredients and has no refined sugar. Coconut milk makes the pannacotta, making it vegan/dairy-free. Panna Cotta has a sweet taste that I love. It’s slightly sweet but so creamy! This dessert is perfect with the tart Passion Fruit layer and layer on top! You will fall in love! You won’t feel guilty, I promise!
1. In a saucepan, heat the coconut milk. Add the maple syrup and vanilla extract to the saucepan. Mix it well.
2. Now divide the milk into equal parts in a saucepan. Add one teaspoon of agar to one pan and mix it until it dissolves. Heat the milk and bring it up to a boil.
3. Take the molds out of the refrigerator and add boiled milk until it is half full. Set the molds in the fridge for at least an hour to allow the bottom layer to dry properly.
4. Add half of the milk pan to another bowl. Stir it until it dissolves well. Could you bring it to a boil? Switch off the flame. Add passion fruit juice and mix it well. Let it cool for 5 minutes.
5. Place the molds we have already made inside the fridge to make the bottom layer. Next, use a spoon to pour the passion fruit milk mixture slowly over the molds. Make another layer, then put the molds back into the refrigerator for about 4-5 hours.
6. Coconut Passion Fruit Panacotta is ready to be served with passion fruit pulp.