Support brands that support Foodbank. This recipe uses Sanitarium Weetbix.
One large ripe banana, mashed
Three large eggs, lightly whisked
1/3 cup soy milk
One teaspoon of baking powder
One teaspoon cinnamon
Two tablespoons flour, plus extra
2 Sanitarium Weet-Bix, crushed
Two large apples, peeled, cored, and sliced into 1/2 cm rounds
1/4 cup vegetable oil for frying
Icing sugar for dusting
Fruit and yogurt to serve
- Combine eggs, banana, and soymilk in a medium-sized bowl. Mix well
- Stir together baking powder, cinnamon and flour. Mix in crushed Weetbix
- Dip each apple ring into the extra flour and lightly coat.
- Dip in the batter and shallow fry over medium heat. Turn after one minute. Remove and set aside. Continue to cook the apple fritters.
- Serve with fruit, yogurt, and icing sugar.